Monday, April 22, 2013

Bike Rodeo

The Optimist Club has suggested that we move our Bike Rodeo to a later date due to cold temperatures and the fact that our parking lot still has a lot of snow. The section with snow in our lot is where all of the teachers need to park the day of the rodeo. 

We have moved the Bike Rodeo to TUESDAY, MAY 14th at 1:30pm. Please do NOT send the bike this Thursday (25th). Instead send it on the above date. You can still drop it off in the morning and it will be locked up until the rodeo begins at 1:30. I will still ask the students to bring a change of clothing, so they are not in uniform. Please send clothes appropriate for bike riding and weather. 


I am still  looking for someone or a few people to help out with bikes the morning of the bike rodeo.

I drop off both of my children at different locations (preschool and daycare) on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I usually pull into the school lot right at 8am on those days.  I am looking for someone to be at the gym doors for about 15 minutes on Thursday morning. 

Mrs. Kochmann will unlock the gym door at 7:45 and all 3rd grade parents can drop off students and bikes at the gym door. I don't want to leave that area unattended during that time, so if you are able to hang around from 7:45-8:05am, please send me an e-mail (jenny.steele@sendit.nodak.edu) to let me know. 

It would also be helpful to have another volunteer at the end of the day from about 2:50-3:05 to help get bikes out and back to their owners. If you are able to help out with this part, please let me know as well. 


Thank you for your flexibility with this event. Who knew we'd still be worried about snow piles at the end of April! If you have any questions please let me know. Thanks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment