Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Spelling Tests

We are going to be changing our format on our spelling tests for the last 6 tests of the school year. I will test them on the first 15 words for our pretest on Mondays. If they get 0-3 incorrect they will get the 5 challenge words at the end of our spelling list.

If they get the extra words:
The spelling test on Friday will be out of 20 possible points. We will no longer have bonus points on tests.

If they do the regular 15:
The spelling test on Friday will be out of 15 possible points. I won't have bonus points for this test either.

I will enter the tests as two separate assignments in the grade book, so your child will only have possible points for the test he or she has taken.

I like to change it at the end of the year to show a more accurate grade in spelling. If you have any questions after you see the first test come home this Friday, please let me know. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment